IRIS Europe IIThe project IRIS Europe II – Implementation of River Information Services in Europe II – started in January 2009 and ended in December 2011. The project was co-funded by the European Commission within the TEN-T programme. Partners of 9 EU Member States were actively participating and in addition cooperation partners of 4 more countries observed and contributed to the project. After three years of executing investigations, elaborating specifications and documents, tendering and contracting, implementing, testing and evaluating of pilots as well as documenting all results, the Project Management Team can proudly state, that the project was successfully executed and almost all planned results were achieved by the very actively contributing and motivated project partners.
Some of the key successes are:
- Successful pilot Implementation of the International Data Exchange between member States
- Conclusion of multilateral legal agreements as legal basis for International Data Exchange
- A first attempt to define the quality aspects of RIS-services
- A comprehensive report of the requirements of the logistic stakeholders
- Successful interconnection with European Services (e.g. European Hull Data Base, European Reference Data Management Service)
- Enhancement of RIS-services based on RIS-technologies (e.g. Depth Contours in IENC)
These results supported and will support the on-going harmonised implementation of RIS in Europe towards safe, secure and efficient transport as well as to utilise inland waterways to their fullest potential.
More than 5.000.000
Scheldt (Westerschelde / Oosterschelde / Schelde-Rijnverbinding)
Inland AIS and/or infrastructure
NtS Notice to Skippers
Electronic Reporting International ERI